Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 6: Carrie Underwood

I am so excited about writing this blog today!!  (So excited apparently that I've already typed it all out, pressed publish and it all disappeared so I'm doing it all over again.)

It's Day 6: A picture of a person you would like to trade places with for a day.

No brainer here! It's Carrie Underwood.


I would love to spend a day being pampered.  Having my hair and make up done, wearing beautiful clothes, be a few inches shorter, throw in a few spa treatments.  I'm sure she has days like that!

But just look at her.  She's stunning. Even if she was lounging around with no make up on and sweats she would still be beautiful. She is obviously healthy and eats right, exercises, but doesn't strike me as the type who would turn down a cheeseburger. But then she can dress up and just look exquisite without being over done.  She's just pure class and eligance.

And then there's her talent.  The only thing that I was good at when I was a kid was music.  I can sing, I have perfect pitch, but I can't SING.  Carrie just opens her mouth and something beautiful comes out.  I open my mouth and a perfectly pitched cow patty hits a tin shed!  She really does have natural talent and she doesn't need to do all those irritating runs and wierd movements just to prove that. It was actually Carrie who turned me to country music.  Just hearing her sing on American Idol impressed me so much because I loved the ones she chose.  So I heard the real artists sing them and I was hooked. 

So as well as wanting to be a classy, down to earth, beautiful, pampered talented, funny, intelligent girl for the day, there is one things she has in common with the celebrities that I admire and I wish I could do every day of my life. That's charity work.  Jimmie Johnson had his own foundation, and gave a huge chunk of his winnings to Hurricane Katrina relief which is initially why I became a fan of his.  Then there's George Clooney with his work in Sudan.  Carrie gives back a lot.  I can't stand these rich celebrities who just care about what they have, how many people love them, and how great they look in the paparazzi's eyes. I would give my left tit to be able to give back to people who truly deserve help. And Carrie Underwood is a perfect example of the person I want to be.

Carrie created the C.A.T.S. Foundation as a means of giving back to her community. She is a supporter of The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and has done several public service announcements for the organization. She also supports PETA amd the United Service Organization.

This a quote by Carrie which just confirms why she is so amazing and why I would want to trade places with her for a day"

“Everybody has the power to do something, to be a contributing force,” she says, “and I would rather people look back on my life and say, ‘She made the world a better place.’ We can all do things like that, and I believe that when opportunities arise for you to do good, you should do good.”

 
Oh, by the way, the FRG meeting last night went well.  I got to stand up and say my thing, meet a few people, get in contact with the Rear D guy and get slightly overwhelmed by everything I need to do.  But it will happen. And I'm making Teriyaki Chicken on brown rice with broccolli so hopefully it will taste good!

No comments:

Post a Comment