Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 2: Jeremy

Day 2 of the 30 Day Photo Challenge is: A picture of someone you have been close to for a while.




There are many people I have been close to over my lifetime so far, and I'm still friends with most.  One is in North Dakota, most are in New Zealand and I can even consider a few spread over Australia and America.

But if I have to pick one person it would have to be my husband, Jeremy.  We met after I had been in South Korea for just three weeks.  To cut a long story short, my roommate at the time - Vania, was dating a GI.  This GI - Danny, played softball and he and Vania invited me to watch a game.  It was such a novelty to go onto a military base.  So midway through the game Danny runs up to me and asks me what I think of this guy in the middle of the field.  I say he looked alright, so Danny runs back up to this guy and strikes a deal.  If he was to strike out 1 person, he could have one date with me.  He struck out 3 people, and after the game just left without even talking to me. I have to admit I was kind of bummed because it would be something really amusing to write home about - going on a date with a GI.

So I guess Danny must have said something to Jeremy, because at the next game I went to Jeremy comes right up to me and introduces himself, and we set up a date for that night in Itaewon.  We met up at a Salsa Bar, did a few tequila shots and the rest is history!!

So that was back in July 2002.  We got engaged Christmas Day that same year, married in September 2003, got pregnant with Mikey in January 2004, moved to America in March 2004, and have since had Mikey and Mia.

We've gone through a lot - Immigration, PCS's, 2 deployments, many schools.  And he's been here for me every step of the way.  He knows when I'm just not happy and will help me through it, he'll make me laugh, hug me when I cry, and take the kids away  for a few hours when I'm at the end of my rope. He takes care of us even in the most difficult situations and we can never question whether or not he loves us.  He is truly a man, and a good one at that. 

We share many interests - give us a great meal, a great History Channel show or a NASCAR race and we're both in heaven!

And I think the most important reason why Jeremy and I are so close....how many people could you sit in a car with while driving halfway across the country without being tempted to kill each other?

1 comment: