Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 13: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes


What is more fun than old classic songs, totally punked up???  Hence my favorite band being Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

They are so much fun and I would give my left tit to go to one of their shows. The band members are Spike Slawson from the Swingin' Utters on vocals, "Fat" Mike Burkett from NOFX on bass, Chris Shiftlett from Foo Fighters on guitar, Joey Cape from Lagwagon on guitar, and Dave Raun from Lagwagon on drums.  Together they really are musical genius's.

They take classic songs from musicals, the 50's, 60's etc and make then into punk versions.  How can that not make you happy.  It's the kind of music that you can roll your car windows down and just sing along with....and everybody knows the songs and they just smile at you and laugh.  I don't care if they are laughing at me...they're happy too which is what counts. And in 10 years time I'm pretty sure I'll feel the same way.

There's nothing better to pump you up, and keep you awake on long trips.  I do love so many other bands and artists, but Me First I've loved for over a decade now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.  I'll be the granny rocking out in my Jetsons' floating car, assuming that cars will be much cooler in the future!!

So yes Me First...."Will you still love me...tomorrowwwwwww???"  Yes, yes I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment