Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 12: Adventures


Day 11 is "A picture of something you love".  I don't think that there is something that I love more than travelling.  I get very ansty being stuck in the house (Although I do value my time as a SAHM), and need to get out.  There's been a few occassions where someone has called me, and within an hour I've packed, loaded the car, and headed off on an adventure.  Sometimes I don't even manage to pack.

So, the USA is the 4th country I've lived in.  Of course I was born and raised in New Zealand, but I was an exchange student in Sweden, an English Teacher in South Korea for almost 2 years, and have been in the States since March 2004. And I've managed to visit several other countries too, such as Norway, Denmark, Australia, Thailand, Japan, Canada....I am always jealous of my New Zealand and North Dakota friends because they seem to forever be away on adventures through Europe and Asia.  My friend Tracy is actually in Peru and Argentina right now hiking the Inca Trail and sliding down volcanos!!  That sounds amazing!!

So I've seen a lot, but my Bucket List is full of places I just want to see. I mean, I've even sung in the Sydney Opera House!!  I just love experiencing what other places have to offer.  I've lived in the Southern US for 4 years, and Northern New York for two years, and I can tell you that it is almost like living in another country.  Even the food is so different, not to mention the weather.  And that's what I find exciting.  Just looking at the landscape change like when we drove from North Carolina to North Dakota this summer. And the food from around different regions is amazing.

Even smaller countries like New Zealand and Sweden are so different within a few hundred kilometers.  Especially in Sweden where the architecture changes, along with dialects, and accents.  I love it! I really could spend my life traveling, and eating along the way.  Driving off the beaten paths to find little Mom and Pop restaurants and seeing the Worlds Largest Furball. It really would be my ideal job. I could even rent my Motorhome, and drive around every NASCAR race for a year. 

Right now I don't think that I could ever say exactly what my favorite place has been. There's too many places that are just incredible to narrow it down.  Sometimes its the company that's the best part and I can't even remember what the destination was. Others I love but the flights kill me ie, coming home from New Zealand in 2009 damn near killed me. I just know that I can't wait to visit my next place....I think it will be a trip to Colorado!

1 comment:

  1. You just made me smile! I really hope you can come to Colorado! I want to come visit you too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete