Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's been almost two weeks

I wish I could say that I haven't cheated.  I wish I could say that I lost a bunch of weight.  But I can't.

My SIL was here for her birthday, so we went to a Wine Cafe where they have wine vending machines. Who can resist that?  And I came home to my husband and his new NCO and family eating sandwiches and stuff.  First of all, after drinking wine, I needed something substantial to eat, and they had brought two trays of Subway sandwiches and it would have been very rude of me not to have eaten one.  I also had 3 chicken wings...and they were sooooo good.  But I ate mostly fruit and veggies.

And then I made my SIL a pavlova which is 90% sugar.  Good luck anyone trying to say no to that!  And it was the best pavlova I have made to date.

My other cheats have been a few triangles of pita bread to eat hummus, and rice to go with the Tikka Masala I made for dinner.  But my biggest cheat was the Chinese we had for dinner on Friday night.  There's nothing good about it.  I had a little rice and lo mein, and of course everything including the veggies are covered in sugar and MSG.  Needless to say I felt HORRIBLE after eating it.

One thing I've noticed is that naturally sweet food like corn and peppers taste super sweet now.  It's like having sugar cubes in my salads!

I've been running a bit too.  I did my couch to 5k workout yesterday and felt like I hadn't done anything at the end of it, so I ran home.  That I wouldn't have done before. Progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment