Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 3......Detoxing.....



I've made it through two full days of no sugar, no grains or potatoes, and no additives/preservatives.  I would be lying if I said it's been easy, but it's not as bad as you would think. I've had no headaches which I've heard is common.

See, during the day I keep busy and can usually take my mind off my sweet tooth.  But in the evening...when my husband decides to eat a giant portion of pasta, then a giant slice of apple pie with whipped cream and ice cream, then a Jack and Coke.....yeah.  He's lucky I didn't bonk him on his head with my flip flop.  Just plain evil!!
It seems my urge to snack and have sweet stuff is in the evening.  So I've eaten a lot of grapes.  Now, technically I'm not supposed to be snacking unless I truly am hungry, and my smallest meal is supposed to be dinner.  All things take time, and I figure if grapes give me that sweetness that I desire then so be it.  I could have cracked and eaten 10 pudding cups. Not that I would do that.  That would just be gross.

My other challenge was lunch yesterday.  Mia and I had been out and about getting craft supplies for a few projects.  So she needed lunch before going to school.  If you live around a military base then you'll understand lunch time traffic, and the craziness that hits all local restaurants every lunch time.  If I had gone to Roly Poly or Subway, it would have been 1 hour of driving for a two mile trip.  I didn't have that kind of time.  So we went to KFC.  Mia had her Mac and Cheese and all that I could eat was some iceberg lettuce and two slices of tomato with a bottle of water.  Yes, there is grilled chicken, but don't try to tell me that they don't deep fry the grilled chicken.  I was starving!!!  So after dropping off Mia I went to the Commissary, picked up my eggs, beans and veggies and devoured a banana once I got to the car.  Lesson learned.

Dinner was awesome though.  I'm one of the lucky ones whose kids LOVE salad.  So I cooked some ground turkey with my home made taco seasoning.  Then made up a salad with lettuce, black beans, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and sour cream.  AMAZING!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment