Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Great Wolf Lodge

This past weekend was awesome.  We packed up and went to Great Wolf Lodge for two nights as part of a marriage retreat, and we really did have a great time.  


We hit the water park for an hour or so before dinner.  Mikey has turned into quite the adrenaline junkie and went down all the slides including the tornado one, where Jeremy tells me his eyes almost bugged out of his head and he screamed like a girl.  Mia played in the little kids pool and eventually gained enough confidence to go down the little slides.  She is like her Mamma and HATES getting splashed. (Yes, I'm the girl who can leave a pool with dry hair). But she really wanted to go down the big kid water slide so Jeremy took her up there and protected her from as much splashing as possible, but when the giant bucket tips over on top of you there's nothing much you can do.  Jeremy couldn't go down with her, and there were a few minutes there when we thought she wouldn't go down, but no - my brave little girl went down all by herself....and then wanted to do it all over again!

Friday night we had pizza and a briefing with the Chaplain.  Mikey met a boy who is in Kindergarten at his school (but only a year younger since Mikey is a grade higher than most kids his age) and they seemed to get along great.  After in processing we dropped the kids off with the sitters and went to the bar for a few drinks, then got the kids to get their wands for Magi Quest.

Saturday morning we spent watching video about communication - it's a funny DVD that we'd already seen before, but it's nice for a refresher.  We spent our afternoon at IKEA, then Jeremy and I took advantage of date night.  We went to Chima which is a Brazilian steak house in Uptown Charlotte.  O  M  G...it was AMAZING.  The salad bar was incredible with cheeses, vegetable and fruit dishes, and salad meats to die for.  And then there was the meat that was sliced at your table.  I'm a sucker for lamb and it did not disappoint me.  It was seasoned with mint and one bite took me right back home.  The service was incredible.  I have nothing bad to say about the restaurant....except for the rather large dent in my wallet.


Once we picked up the kids we ran around the hotel and did Magi Quest where the kids followed quests and clues by using their wands on different things.  It was fun but crazy with all these kids running around.

Sunday we had a brief seminar again, and then hit the water park again before heading home. A pretty good way to spend the weekend that's for sure, but I was very glad for a down day on Monday.

Anyway, today is my full on start to phase one of the Perfect 10 Diet.  Three meals, grain free, sugar free, processed food free....and one serving of dairy.  Breakfast and lunch are easy...dinner will be a challenge.  I think I will make a Shrimp Scampi and just skip the pasta.  I'll make some for the kids though.  And have that with steamed veggies and salad. I need to figure out dressing though since looking at my favorite White Balsamic Dressing it has soybean oil which is banned, and sugar in it.  So I might make my own Italian Dressing which looks simple enough.

And then during my free minutes between dropping off Mia and picking up Mikey I'll go to the community gym and start the Couch to 5K again.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment