Monday, January 2, 2012

2012...Let's start over

So last time that I blogged I was doing really well doing the 30 Day Shred and Couch to 5K.  But the shin splits sucked bootie...and things were going too well.

And then my husband decided to jump out of a plane and break his leg right before Thanksgiving.  Unfortunately it was his right leg, so I immediately became his nurse and chauffeur because the sucker couldn't drive. Luckily it was only his fibula and his big toe which broke so he got to have an uber sexy boot (Army issued of course) instead of a cast.

Right before we headed home, I wound up sick.  A delightful case of post-nasal drip and a virus.  And then as I was just starting to get better, Jeremy got sick.  As in REALLY sick.  At first they said it was a virus...then the flu...or pneumonia, or bronchitis, or salmonella, a blood infection....In other words, they didn't have a clue.  He was so ill, and I didn't see him for a few weeks.  I had to sleep on the couch for about 3 weeks, and keep the kids away from him because they just didn't know what it was.  It turned out that it was/is Hepatitis A, which is crazy because he's a cook and had been vaccinated against it.  He's starting to get better - he's not yellow anymore and he's eating and being pretty productive.

It was a pretty lonely time, I'm not going to lie.  It's worse than a deployment because you're doing everything, and nursing him, and it's like he's not there even though he is.  And right around Christmas too when you just want to be together as a family.  I just can't wait until the blood test turns out negative so that we can move on.

So back to where I was before I started rambling...I still want to run a 5k.  And I will.  But I am going to get back to exercising everyday starting with a 60 day program I can do at home.  And I'll get to eating right again...no more soup and sandwich for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment