Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tragic

Sometimes you just need to write to make yourself feel better. This unfortunately is one of these occassions.

I've been a part of an online forum for Army Wives for a few years.  I met some of my closest friends from this site including some that I have never met.  While I haven't been on for a while - I'm getting old, and get tired of drama so I prefer to be around more positive people - I haven't forgotten many of these wonderful ladies.  Many are friends on facebook.

One of the girls, Valerie is the most wonderful people known to man.  We both suffered from Post-partum Depression and helped each other recover.  She has the cutest son.  She is so talented, friendly and supportive. She's one of these people that I look at and think "I wish I could be more like her". She's the girl who will help anyone, and go far and beyond whats necessary to make things happen and make things better for other people.  And people love her for it.

Well, her father went missing Monday night.  He was on a business trip in Mississippi, but never checked into his hotel.  His rental car was discovered off I-40 in Tennessee, and the two men in the car fled when they were pulled over. The two suspects were escaped prisoners from Alabama. 

They have been searching for these two men, and for her father, and so many people were praying for his safe return.  Unfortunately, it was jsut released that they found his body behind a hotel in Alabama.  The two suspects have not been found.

My heart just breaks for Val and her family. From everything I've heard, he was an amazing husband, father and friend. And it's such a tragic ending to a wonderful life.

I just don't understand how people can take another persons life.  Do they have no heart? What could this man possibly have done to these people?

I hope many of us can get together to do something for Val.  I know nothing can replace her father, but I want her to know that she has so many people around the country who love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment