Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 28: What am I afraid of?

Wow, this is a hard one.  There are a lot of things I am afraid of.  Mostly of people I love getting hurt or and these are things which are realities right now considering where some of my loved ones are.  I really don't want to think about that though.

I want to think about happy things.  I want to enjoy what there is to enjoy now.  Tonight I held a friends baby, and even though I was covered in puke, I didn't care.  I was holding a beautiful 2 month old baby. I look at my daughter absolutely enchanted by watching Tinkerbell, and then pretending she is a fairy.  Or watching her take care of her babies like a good mommy. I look at Mikey watching a race and seeing him so inspired and completely in the moment and taking everything in. I love him reading me a book, and telling me the silliest jokes.

I love seeing the sun, the trees filled with blossom, my daughter picking flowers....well, it's weeds but I won't tell her that. I love getting phonecalls from my husband and seeing my kids faces light up hearing his voice.

There are so many things that I don't want to be taken away. And I'm not the most superstitious person, and I don't particularly like conspiracy theories.  But in light of all these events taking place around the world, I do have to consider something....


No comments:

Post a Comment