Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yippee!!!!

 So I lied to my children.   In order to get them all dressed up I told them that my friend Kathryn was flying in to take pictures of them to send to Daddy.  This lie seemed to do the trick.  Not that I am condoning lying to children or in general, but for surprise purposes this one was pretty acceptable in my opinion.

So the kids were patiently waiting on "Kathryn" even after the plane was delayed several hours because of weather.  Until Mikey yelled "Daddy?  Daddy!!!"  Mia saw him and both kids just RAN.  I would say they were surprised in the best way possible.
One family almost spilled the beans, but realized what I was doing and patiently waited to see the reunion, and cried when they saw the kids see their Daddy.  And then offered to take a family picture of us too.  I am so grateful for this family and I hope they enjoy the same joy in a few months that we just experienced.




















Needless to say we're all so happy, and I am so grateful to his Command for bringing him home.  We're very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment