Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

There is no phrase truer than the title of this blog for us.



Jeremy deployed for the second time when Mia was just 5 - 6 months old.  It was very difficult for us when he returned, because she really didn't bond with Jeremy right away as we had expected.  To be honest, it wasn't until he deployed again this time around that she realized that she liked this Daddy person and wanted him back.  Previously she wouldn't let him hold her for long periods of time, and really just wanted to be with me.  Heartbreaking for Jeremy and a pain in the butt for me when I just wanted some alone time or a break.

I know both Jeremy and I were so worried about how she would react to him coming home this time.  She missed him terribly the whole deployment, and honestly thought that he was in every plane or helicopter she saw.  If you saw the previous blog you can see that our worries were quickly erased as she couldn't get to her Daddy fast enough.  
And she really hasn't left his side since.  She LOVES her Daddy now and follows him around like a little lamb.  She was not impressed when she woke up and Daddy was away at PT this morning, but I think now she is understanding that if Daddy leaves he will come back.

Finally my husband and daughter have the bond that we always dreamed of, and I couldn't be happier. It's a beautiful thing to witness.  The look on Jeremy's face as she kisses and hugs him is almost as precious to me as the first time he saw her after she was born.


No comments:

Post a Comment