Sunday, August 7, 2011

It's the one on the right!!!!


There are two things that annoy me.  OK, so  many more things than that, but two in particular.

First would be grocery shopping.  I used to love it.  It was a novelty when I first moved to America because everything was so new and different.  So many processed goodies that I had read about in Babysitters Club books, like Twinkies and Mac and Cheese. I was like a kid in a candy store!!

Then along came deployment number one where I no longer had the benefit of having my husband home to cook for me, or eating for free at the DFAC.  I actually had to think about cooking for the first time in years.  Then came deployment number two and baby number two....at Ft Drum where not only did I have to cook for two, plus for a picky baby, but I had to battle going out in the snow, trudging through the snow with a cart and baby car seat and 4 year old, but then getting the groceries through the snow, up the stairs while baby screamed at me.  AKA...TORTURE!!!

Then there was deployment number 3 where I was trying to eat healthier, and baby number 2 now talks non-stop and the children fight.  I have to get the race car carts because trying to keep Mikey under control and push a cart just does not work. I've also been attempting to use coupons which quite frankly annoys me too because of the Extreme Couponers wiping the shelves clear and clogging the aisles.

Seriously, grocery store ettiquette has gone out the window and it is now an unpleasant experience. Maybe it's a more pleasant experience if I am by myself completely with my IPOD playing....and a husband to take the groceries in for me. Yes, I have a plan!

And the Commissary doesn't sell wine. 


Next, is my road rage.  It's out of control.  If you see some lady driving around Fayetteville leaning out the window yelling "MOOOOOVE!!! Put your foot on the pedal and drive!!  It's the one on the right!!!!", while banging on the wheel and raising her hands in hysteria...it's probably me.

I get so aggravated by people who drive in the fast lane, and go slow.  Or drive next to another person at a slow speed so no one can get by.  Or people who brake for the invisible thing on the road.  Or people who can't drive a steady speed.  Or people who can't gently slow down and slam on their brakes.  Or who can't stay in their lane and try to run people off the road.  Or who have no idea what a turn signal is or how to use it.

Fayetteville is full of these people and I have to say they are probably the worst drivers on the planet.  It's a town with classic bad southern style urban planning, and hundreds of people who have no idea where they are going.  You have lots of retirees who should have lost their license years ago, and young folks who think they are invincible.  And not that I EVER want to make light of PTSD, but there are a lot of soldiers who have spent much too much time on convoys in a war zone dodging explosives and either drive slowly, or like a maniac, or who act erratically when hearing the loud booms caused by the bass in the ghetto cars driving by.   And the people are from all over America, and the world and it's as if the NC Road Rules do not apply....or the drivers here don't know in the first place.

Whatever the reasons are behind the bad drivers, I need to find the cure for my road rage, because like the picture above....it makes me feel like exploding!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! From the extreme couponers to the road rage!

    ReplyDelete