Thursday, July 28, 2011

Couch to 5K

So, instead of sitting here complaining that I haven't fulfilled my goals I set for this deployment, I decided to do something proactive.  A girl I know from a military wife forum mentioned that she was doing the Couch to 5K program, and that it was an app.  I downloaded it...and that was it.

Then another girl said that she was about to start it, and the other girls progress seemed pretty impressive. So I went to the community center on post, put the kids in the child care room with the big glass window so I can keep an eye on them.  And then I ran. 



OK, so you walk, run, walk, run....etc.  Intervals really, and every week pushes you that little bit extra and by the end of 9 weeks you can supposedly run 45 minutes straight.  Well, so far so good.  I'm up to Week 2, Day 3 - I took a rest today to get our hair cut.  So I won't feel guilty about that since that was also one of my goals at the beginning of the year.

I'm going to try to squeeze in a run tomorrow, that's if I have time.  And well, Saturday is an exciting day.  But I won't give up.  I'm going to finish this!! And maybe do one of the Family 5k's that they have at Bragg every so often.

Oh, and the kids have been having swimming lessons too.  I'm in the pool with them the entire time.  Mia is a natural and a star student.  I swear she is part fish.  And Mikey is growing more confident and gaining skills everyday.  He can even do cannon balls now which to me is a pretty big deal.  I'm very proud of both my babies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment