Thursday, July 21, 2011

Well...


OK, so I'm not that crabby but that's how I feel lately. It's not about anything going on in my life since I only have things to look forward to, but the way I've seen other people treating each other. I just don't like conflict or rudeness. 

There's a Facebook group that I've been a part of for a long time now, and I loved it because it was just genuinely good women with interesting things to say.  There was never any drama, backstabbing, rudeness, name calling, and people actually tried to be respectful of each other.  It was so nice and refreshing. But of course there's been a change in vibe the last few weeks and I couldn't stand it anymore.

While I agree that when you're on the internet, things written can be taken the wrong way, and you're really putting yourself out there for public scrutiny.  But what I don't understand is why people think that the anonymity you have online is an excuse for bad behavior.  You wouldn't be in a grocery store and cussing away, so why do it online? You wouldn't be rude and jump down someones throat while having a face to face conversation, but yet people can be so hurtful online.  And I don't like it.

So yeah, I can be crabby with the best of them, and sometimes even a bit of a bitch.  But one thing I really like about myself is that I am nice.  There are plenty of people in the world I don't like, so I avoid them and don't feel the need to talk badly about them.  I can keep it quietly to myself.  And if I'm having a bad day and I'm just cranky (2 kids + summer vacation + deployment = crabby Mamma), I can be pleasant enough to everyone and feel guilty if I do make someone feel bad.  And if that's the case I apologize. It's pretty simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment