Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Patience

 Every military spouse requires a huge amount of patience.  It's part of the job requirement.  You spend so much time sitting around waiting for the curve ball to be thrown at you because you know it's going to come every time.

It would be nice to be able to plan, and to have definite times and dates.  Instead we have calendars covered in pencil so that we can erase over and over, and have our hearts break and explode with joy on a daily basis.

Murphy's Law is the military spouses law.  I swear it was written just for us.  Because everything that can go wrong is guaranteed to go wrong at the worst possible time.  But that's also why they invented duct tape, and blessed the spouses with immense patience.

So while I sit here tapping my toes, erasing my endless notes on my calendar...I'll continue to control the things that I have the power to control. And I'll feel damn good about doing it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment