Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Well, it's that time again...

Jeremy left yesterday.

It was pretty uneventful.  I was very thankful that my sister-in-law, Jenn, was with me to watch the kids while they were knocked out in the car.  To fill in the time when Jeremy was doing "Army Stuff", and to keep me occupied during the 'hurry up and wait' phase.  The three of us played Uno (which has an Oogie Boogie card which I have to say is entertaining), and Phase 10. Then without warning they were boarding and gone. Like ripping off a bandaid.

Mikey was so sick, and he understands what is going on. So he did really well.  The quote of the day had to be "Now they are going to have to take down the 'Welcome Home Troops' sign in the PX because Daddy left".  Haha....that was funny!!  We explained to Mia that Daddy had to go bye-bye on the big airplane...she didn't like that.  But she happily waved good-bye to the plane....and every other plane since then. And this morning the first thing she asked was if Daddy was at work.  She doesn't get it, and while she's doing great now, it will hit her in a few days.

As for me, I'm doing fine.  I'm a little bummed, but oddly calm. Of course I'm sad and lonely, but I also think that I'm so used to separations that I'm numb to it all.  Again, it will hit me soon, and I'll be prepared for a major meltdown which would be normal.  But I'm fine.  I guess the key is to keep busy, which I am achieving so far.  It's almost racing season which gives me a lot to look forward to!! And I know that I have dear friends praying for us, and if you're one of them reading this, they're being recieved loud and clear.

Just a little amusing side note though.  It's really weird just cooking for the kids and I.  I thought I was cooking less, but I had so many left overs that it was rediculous!!  And since we didn't cook for a few days leading up to yesterday, I have a tonne of veggies in my fridge that I don't know if I'll be able to eat them all....I just hope I won't turn orange from eating too many carrots!

As for the 30 Photo Challenge - I'll get back to that tomorrow after I find the paper with it written on...which Jeremy kindly put away for me.  Thanks hun.  I'm heading off to watch American Idol!! Yay for mindless time-consuming shows!!

1 comment:

  1. I know its hard. I go through the same thing. DH is home on R&R now and he had an errand to run. He left before the girls got up and they cam eloking for him. i told them he had to run into work and right way they started crying. they thought i meant "the far away work". I am dreading next week when he really has to go to the far away work! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete