Thursday, October 6, 2011

I get it - I'm a slacker

I just haven't had much to say lately.  But I have been happy.  Nothing in particular has been bothering me.  That's a good thing though!  

I've been kept busy with our kitchen remodel which is halfway done right now.  We had the top cabinets removed and replaced (minus one by the microwave which he forgot to order.  I think its funny so it doesn't bother me). They are a dark espresso color, and we've added a pantry and I am in love with them!!  Tomorrow we go to pick out our granite which I'm a bit nervous about - it's an expensive decision.  It took me 5 years to pick out paint colors.  I'm thinking we need to go somewhat light because it will be too dark with the cabinets otherwise, and with a gold/brown/green speckle in it to highlight the paint.  But a neutral enough color that it works for the next people who live in the house. I can't wait for the kitchen to be done!!

Mia is sick yet again.  She's had issues with allergies since she was a little baby, although we've been through all the allergy testing and nothing came out of that.  She gets a lot of ear infections and some of them are pretty bad.  Like this one.  She was fine on Tuesday night, but woke up Wednesday morning with a fever and some vomiting.  She spent the day snuggled on me and asleep, wouldn't leave my side. She wouldn't drink or eat, meaning she wasn't peeing.  And at one stage she said her head hurt. I thought in the morning that I would just wait it out, but towards the end of the day my instincts told me to take her in to the AMIC clinic.  The doctor was so rude to me, talking to me like I was stupid, that she didn't have a fever and that I brought her in for a common cold.  He even laughed me off when I said she had a history of ear infections.  Sure enough she did have an ear infection which was pretty damn nasty - had I left it, her ear drums may have burst.  She couldn't leave until she could keep down some Pedialite, which she was refusing.  If she hadn't drank it she would have been sent to the ER. Fortunately I bribed her with watching Tinkerbell in the car, she kept it down and we're at home.  I'm not a doctor, but I'm thinking tubes for her ears may be in her future, and we have to find some way of controlling her allergies. Maybe I do need to do more research into gluten free diets.

So, I'm also a minivan Mom now.  Shudder.  So there were great deals with the end of year closeouts, and the Pilot just wasn't working for us anymore.  We only owed $2000 on it, it needed $2000 in repairs.  It wouldn't fit Charlie and luggage for us to take it to Florida which means for Christmas we would have to either take two cars, fly and board Charlie or some other expensive solution.  And as much as I would love a Suburban or Yukon, I just wasn't willing to spend that much  money on it.   So we got a great deal on a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan RT.  It's totally souped up with leather seats, captains chairs for the kids, heated seats and steering wheel, navigation, hands free phone, satellite radio, TV in the back...you get the idea.  It's actually REALLY nice.  And Charlie doesn't mind it so much either. And the kids love it too.  So yeah, the only thing I don't like is that it's a minivan, but if minivans are as nice as ours, I'm OK with it.

My next mission is to be inspired to decorate for fall, so watch this space.  Maybe I'll get crafty....

No comments:

Post a Comment