Saturday, September 17, 2011

Time to breathe...

I have been ridiculously busy the last few weeks with school starting, the change of command, lunches, cub scouts, Mikey's homework and travel.  I really feel like a taxi driver, and messenger and slave.  So today it's a total nothing day and I have time to breathe.

Mikey's 7th birthday was yesterday.  He had cupcakes at school, and then had a party at Chuck E Cheese.  Only 4 kids showed, and one was very late.  Just one of the 8 kids from his class came which he told me made him sad.  But he had a fabulous time anyhow. And the kids who were there got more tokens to use so no biggie.  Chuck E Cheese is usually enough to give me a panic attack at the mere thought of it, but it really wasn't bad at all and the hostess was great.  Even Mia had the time of her life.  


I have felt pretty uninspired lately, and thanks to some friends I have discovered www.pinterest.com.  This website is amazing. You can repin things that other people have found and you can save it onto your online noteboards, and by clicking on the picture it will take you back to the original website.  So all those recipes that you find and can never find again - pin it to your noteboard.  See some cute clothes - pin it.  Cute crafts or inspirations for your home decor - pin it!  So far I have used one of the recipes that my husband drooled over - a Chicken and Spinach pasta dish.  Holy crap was it ever amazing. So I'm happy to find ideas of what I can make, do and dream about without knowing what to search for.

And today I was frustrated because I have coupons out the ying yang and if you have read my previous post, I get mad at having to search around to find coupons when I'm at the store.  So using my powers of inspiration, I made my own coupon binder.  I used Jeremy's baseball card protectors and divided them up according to grocery groups - hygiene, dairy, cleaning etc.  Then I spent my afternoon putting them in the card slots.  So now I can be in an aisle, flip to that section and have my coupons right in front of me and all sorted out.  Very simple so I hope it works out right.

A girl I know here at Bragg makes custom sewing work.  I've used her to get a Tinkerbell Crayon Roll for Mia, and Baby blankets and burp cloths for Maggie's baby.  So here in a week or so I plan on ordering custom hair clips for Fall and Halloween for Mia as well as custom binder covers. She is so talented - you can find her under Adalyn's Closet on Facebook.  So between pinterest.com and Adalyn's Closet, I plan of having all my Christmas gifts custom made this year.  I can find ideas on pinterest, and have Adalyn's Closet make it...if I can't. Which I bet I can't do.

No comments:

Post a Comment