Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Evenings

I'm not really a fan of scary movies.  At all.  Sometimes I don't mind funny, "scary" movies, but I just don't like being scared, and mostly I think they are stupid. Each to their own though.  

But one thing I LOVE about Halloween is the kids shows and movies.  I've had to watch the Dora Trick or Treat episode a million times over the past 5 years, and I can't say I mind.  It's fun watching little Mikey watch it and interact and now it's Mia watching it and singing along.  (And Mikey too - he was off school today and happily watched Dora with Mia.)  


My personal favorite is Spookly the Square Pumpkin.  For starters, he is adorable, and it makes me want my own square pumpkin.  He's the outcast of the patch because he's square, and he tries to compete in the Jack A Lympics to be the best in patch.  But the contests are designed more for round pumpkins.  He's got 3 spiders helping him out called Edgar, Allen and Poe (teehee).  And at the end of the movie Spookly saves the day and all is well.  It's really sweet actually.  But the best part is snuggling on the couch with the kids, Halloween cake baking and just having a good time together.  In fact, that's what we're doing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment