Friday, April 8, 2011

Want a Medal??


I really admire people who volunteer.  Some people do amazing things, like grow vegetables to feed their community, clean rivers, educate, provide medical care.  I wish that there were more people like that in the world because it would be a much better place if people were less selfish.  And most people aren't doing it for any recognition.  They do it because they saw a need, and went ahead and did what needed to be done.

Well, I got recognized last night along with about 40 others from 3rd Group. It was very nice with dinner being provided by Olive Garden (much to the dismay of my sister-in-law who is an Olive Garden manager...).

We all recieved a Commanders Award for Public Service, a medal (it only took me 31 years to get a medal!) and a pretty cool SF cooler.

I have to say, it was nice to be recognized, but at the same time it makes me feel a little awkwards because I don't feel like I am making a difference.  Yes, I stepped up when no one else did, and I helped out where I could, but ...

I need to shut up and just enjoy the honor for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment