Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The bunny flies a plane!

So I've been pretty busy lately.  We had an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday morning which was fun, although it was rediculously cold.  I was expecting it to be a little chilly in the morning and then heat up.  Oh yeah, I was wrong.  I had to borrow the Major's fleece sweater - rank and all - just to keep warm. And having another mans uniform went over really well when I was introduced to the Brigade Commander. Luckily he's got a sense of humor!

Emilia is a natural at egg hunting.  For being tiny she sure can hold a lot of eggs!!  I think she collected about 15 eggs in a split second.  And Mikey finally gets it.  Previously he would be so excited that he found a single egg, and then would show me, and then he would open it....and repeat that about 3 times and all the eggs would be gone.  And he could never understand why everyone else had 20 eggs and he had 4.  At age 6, he now gets it. Bless him....haha.


Oh, do you see the basket??  I made that!  Pretty cute huh?

And I am loving t-ball with Mikey more and more all the time.  He's really enjoying it, and improving little by little and it's going to be so good for him.  Is he going to play in the Major Leagues - no, but he loves that game and that's what matters.  And I love being a baseball Mom.  The other mothers are so nice and friendly.  Just to sit down and talk, and enjoy our kids is so refreshing. Mia and the other little girls run around and find acorns and petals, and today they were playing with toy curling irons and flat irons and making me 'beautiful'.  There's nothing about baseball practice I don't like. Except that Jeremy isn't here to see it. He would be so proud.

And today I had a really nice day.  Mia and I took a long walk, and then went to my neighbors house to play.  It was so nice to chill in the backyard while the two girls played.  Mia jumped on the trampoline for the first time - she liked it for a few minutes but then she's a little timid.  They picked flowers and played in the sand box, and Sarah and I just enjoyed each others company. The kids and I played on the swings in the afternoon, and then the kids played outside some more tonight and Mikey learned to throw a frisbee.  And I got a nice sunburn.

It's days like this when you think that life can't get much better.  And I love when the kids are just being kids and enjoying themselves so much. It couldn't be much better than this.



I told you that the Easter Bunny flies an airplane!!

No comments:

Post a Comment