Friday, April 15, 2011

And I'm off!

About this time 3 years ago my husband was in Warrant Officer Candidate School, and he had just told a very pregnant me that we would be moving to Fort Drum, New York.  I was quite horrified because I hadn't heard one good thing about that base.  Not one thing.

But I figured it would be an adventure and it sure was.  I loved Ft Drum!! I had the best of friends, there were so many day trips you could take, like Niagara Falls and Lake Placid.  And the food was amazing - cute little Mom and Pop restaurants, vineyards, ice cream.  I really enjoyed my time there, and even though I was happy to be back in my own house here at Bragg, I wasn't too thrilled about coming back here either.

Today is the start of Mikey's Spring Break, and it's my last opportunity to see my friends in New York before everyone moves away.  And I get to get my wine too!!  I'll spend a few days there, before heading down to Pennsylvania to stay with Lisa and Russ, and hang out with Billie and Jenn.  Fun times I tell you!

It's a much needed vacation - adult conversation, no dog to clean up after, the kids have their friends to play with.  And with all the food I'm dreaming about, I'll probably come home weighing a tonne!!

No comments:

Post a Comment