Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm back

Hey....so it's been a while since I posted.

I was going to post pictures a while back of some fun things that I've been up to, but the truth is, I couldn't be bothered.  I spend so much time sending and recieving e-mails for the FRG, and then my phone pinging away with Facebook, that I just wanted a break from technology.

This month has been a good month.  I've spend a lot of time down in South Carolina doing fun things with my sister-in-law before she moves. And I've been keeping busy around home too. Mikey is still playing t-ball and loving it, and Mia is still....well, Mia.

So, today I had a Deployed Spouses Support Group Meeting.  There are just a few of us from the Battalion who meet up once or twice a month just to chat and let off steam.  I'm not big into religion - I have my beliefs and faith, but it's a personal thing, but the Chaplains wife who leads the group is such a wonderful person and really helps me see things in a better light which is so good for me.

As a military wife you see so many wives who break down and can't cope with deployments.  They whine and whine and whine, and honestly its the most irritating thing ever.  So it makes you feel that if you do vent and let it out, that you are weak and whiny.  Like, I get so rediculously cranky with my kids and sometimes I feel like the meanest Mom in the world.  But with this support group I can not only let it out, but I know that the other Mom's feel rediculously cranky too, and have the same fears as I do.  It's really refreshing actually.

It's not just me who feels guilty because I'm so used to deployments that they don't make me an emotional wreck anymore.  I'm not the only cranky person who sometimes worry that my kids don't love me because I'm so cranky. I'm not the only one who feels overwhelmed because there is so much to do that I can't even find time to do laundry and other housework.

I really wish that every military wife had this same kind of support, and that they had the guts to take advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment