Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Clone me please!!

So, sometimes I have weeks on end where I have nothing special going on and the only reason I have to leave the house is to buy groceries.  It gets lonely sometimes, but usually I'm pretty happy.  And then when I do have things that I am invited to, or come up, they all happen at once.

For example.  This weekend is the Sprint Cup and Nationwide races at Darlington.  I had originally planned to take the kids to one of the races with my sister-in-law who lives at the neighboring town.  But I'm not Supermom, I'm already exhausted, Mikey has three t-ball games starting at 6:40pm this week.  It's just unreasonable to ask too much from the kids by keeping them up late.  Anyway, I had planned on keeping Mikey off school Friday so that we could go to Florence and watch the parade of haulers which is apparently pretty fun.

But Mikey has a T-Ball game Thursday night and I think he should learn that if he joins a team, he needs to be there for them. Friday morning I've been invited to a Mother's Day breakfast at my neighbors house which sounds amazing - who wouldn't want waffles, fresh picked strawberries, and champagne??? But, as an FRG Leader I have to be at a Change of Command Ceremony Friday morning and I can't be at two places at once.

My SIL is also moving and asked me to come down to help her on Saturday morning with a garage sale and to mow her yard.  I was planning to go there Thursday night, but that can't happen.   I also can't take the dog and a lawnmower down as well as luggage and things that I want to sell too.  It means I also can't be home to take Mikey to get his baseball team pictures taken on Saturday morning.

Do you think it's really mean that he won't be in his first team picture?   I think I will just get his picture taken at Walmart or something instead. 

Oh well, I'm sure I'll have fun, and while I'm waiting for my clone to appear, I'll use this time to learn how not to feel guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment